Peep Photos

Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Eight Elite Predictions Week Four (1/7-13)

I am going to stick to the 8 games per week. If you would like a "Twitter Pick" tweet @cthshockey and I'll send you a pick there!

RECORD: 16-6-2   LAST WEEK: 5-3

Elite Predictions: Mark these on the calendar

1/7 Daniel Hand @ Cheshire 4:00 @ Wesleyan Ice Rink- Both teams have been a little hit or miss this year. Both have notched wins over comparable opponent Northwest Catholic but both have lost badly to teams that in my estimation are only marginally better than them. Early start, I'll give it to the home time. Cheshire 3-2

1/7 North Haven @ East Haven 6:00 @ DiLungo Ice Rink- This should be a good one out of DiLungo. East Haven is coming off a tough loss to rival West Haven where North Haven needed a last second goal to get past pesky Trumbull. I think East Haven has lost a lot while North Haven is the more complete team. I'll keep picking them until I'm finally right. North Haven 4-2

1/7 North Branford @ Amity 6:30 @ Bennett Rink- Amity only has one win this year over hapless Guilford. North Branford's only blemish came in overtime against a Fairfield squad who handled Amity pretty easily. I thought Amity would be a bit stronger this year and I think they still can be, but as of now I think the T-Birds are one of the top dogs in D2. North Branford 5-2

1/7 Sheehan @ NFI 7:30 @ Danbury Ice Arena- This is a solid measuring stick game for both D3 programs. As of now, I'd say there are about four D3 teams that should compete for a title, these are two of them. NFI just seems a little scarier right now. If Sheehan can keeps pucks away from the net, they could take this one but I don't see it happening. NFI 3-2

1/7 Masuk @ New Milford 7:45 @ Canterbury Ice Rink- This is a good test for Masuk and a scary game for New Milford. Masuk is among the D3's elite, a group of teams that I think can match up fairly evenly among the middle of the D2 pack, right about where New Milford resides. I think the Wave take it, they should, but I wouldn't be surprised is Masuk beat just about any D2 team. New Milford 4-3

1/10 West Haven @ Hamden 2:30 @ Lou Astorino Rink- Age old rivalry as the Lou on Saturday where two hot teams face off. Hamden is one of the hottest teams in the state running off three straight since losing opening night to Darien. West Haven has also won three in a row since opening the season 0-2. I think Hamden's offensive pop and neutral zone play will be strong enough to beat West Haven. Westie goalie Mike Savino will be an ex factor in this one, however. If he's on, Blue Devils could take it. Hamden 5-3

1/10 East Catholic @ Northwest Catholic 7:25 @ ISCC- Another rivalry game drops at the ISCC Saturday night. Neither team has really had the start they envisioned this year with NWC sitting at 3-4 with a quality win over Glastonbury and East Catholic at 1-2 with their lone win coming over Cheshire. I think NWC is a little more battle tested right now but I don't have much faith in either club right now. The coin lands heads. NWC 4-3

1/12 Darien @ Ridgefield 6:30 @ Winter Garden Ice Arena- FCIAC rivalry on a Monday... gotta love it! Both teams are coming off tough losses, Darien to NDWH and Ridgefield to Glastonbury. Both losses could be considered upsets but the way things are going in D1, nothing surprises me any more. I'll go with Darien to get back on the horse. Darien 3-2



No comments:

Post a Comment