Even though the formula is rather easy to figure out with 16 teams making the tournament at each division, I thought I'd release, every Tuesday, the state tournament matchups for each division if the season ended today. This changes with each win, loss and tie but I will weekly post it for those inquiring minds. Enjoy!
16) Greenwich @ 1) ND West Haven
9) Hamden @ 8) ND Fairfield
12) Xavier @ 5) East Haven
13) Northwest Catholic @ 4) Ridgefield
11) West Haven @ 6) New Canaan
14) South Windsor @ 3) Fairfield Prep
10) Simsbury @ 7) Glastonbury
15) St. Joseph @ 2) Darien
Best Matchup- (13) NW Catholic vs . (4) Ridgefield- Indians are certainly capable of winning this one. Ridgefield is good but their light schedule allows them this low seed.
Upset Alert- (12) Xavier vs. (5) East Haven- Xavier just "upset" the Jackets in convincing fashion. They are capable of doing it again. Easties, like most D1 teams do not want to draw Xavier in the first round.
Yawner- (1) NDWH vs. (16) Greenwich- This one should be very lopsided. Nuff said.
16) Fairfield Co-op @ 1) East Catholic
9) Suffield-Granby-WL @ 8) BCR
12) Milford Co-op @ 5) Newington-Berlin
13) North Branford @ 4) New Milford
11) Daniel Hand @ 6) Amity
14) Fermi-Enfield @ 3) Branford
10) Cheshire @ 7) Trinity Catholic
15) BBD @ 2) North Haven
Best Matchup- (11) Hand vs. (6) Amity- This one is basically a toss up and an evenly matched game between to quality D2 SCC schools.
Upset Alert- (12) Milford vs. (5) Newington-Berlin- Not saying that it will happen but Milford is more than capable of beating NewBer. Zach White has the ability to take over games and Milford's SCC schedule sets them up to face anyone.
Yawner- (15) BBD vs. (2) North Haven- BBD is only in because of two out of CT wins and the power points they get from that. North Haven beat them 10-0 earlier this year.
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN:
22) Farmington Valley
16) St. Bernard-NFA-Bacon @ 1) Masuk
9) EO Smith-Tolland @ 8) Tri-Town
12) Woodstock Academy @ 5) Staples-Weston-Shelton
13) Lyman Hall-HK @ 4) Housatonic-NW-Wamogo
11) Stamford @ 6) Hall-Southington
14) Joel Barlow @ 3) Sheehan
10) Shepaug-Litchfield-Nonnewaug @ 7) NFI
15) Westhill @ 2) Newtown
Best Matchup- (9) EO Smith-Tolland vs. (8) Tri-Town- These teams should be very evenly matched. I still think EO ends up getting a home game, however, with their remaining schedule.
Upset Alert- (15) Westhill vs. (2) Newtown- Let me preface this by saying, I don't think this will happen. Also, I do not consider a 9 beating an 8 an upset so the Bucks are out. Westhill plays a good schedule and they've beaten Newtown already, that's the only reason they're here. I think Newtown is a much better team now than they were then. Tough first round matchup regardless.
Yawner- (1) Masuk vs. (16) St. Bernard-NFA-Bacon- With the new "16 teams make it" rule there are sure to be some ugly match ups... this would be one of those.
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN:
18) Rocky Hill-Middletown-RHAM
19) Eastern CT Eagles