January 16, 2012
1. Fairfield Prep (7-2-0)- A light work week for Prep putting away pesky Amity all while earning coach Matt Sather his 200th win. A proud day for sure for that Jesuit alum.
PAST WEEK: Amity W 3-1
2. Ridgefield (7-1-0)- That's 7 straight for Ridgefield after a season opening loss to Prep. A monster win over the Green Knights land them here. Could they be this year's St. Joseph?
PAST WEEK: Notre Dame-West Haven W 2-1
3. Notre Dame-West Haven (8-2-0)- NDWH dropped a tough one to Ridgefield but still looks to be a team to beat after demolishing a sad ND-Fairfield team whose program is in disarray.
PAST WEEK: Ridgefield L 2-1, Notre Dame-Fairfield W 6-2
4. South Windsor (8-2-0)- Haven't played the most difficult schedule thus far but are putting away opponents with ease which shows their might.
PAST WEEK: East Catholic W 7-0
5. East Haven (8-1-1)- The Yellow Jackets are racking up wins against D2 opponents and don't play a D1 opponent for quite some time. But don't let that fool you. Milford Co-op plays at a level of D1 team and the Easties win over them Thursday was one of the best games the state's seen so far this year.
PAST WEEK: Milford Co-op W 5-4, Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe W 9-3
6. Hamden (6-3-0)- Didn't expect much Saturday against Hingham but they really needed to pull out the win Friday at St. John's, Shrewsbury MA. Xavier win was nice but the Dragons still need a resume win.
PAST WEEK: Xavier W 3-2, St. John's, Shrewsbury (MA) L 2-1, Hingham (MA) L 5-2
7. West Haven (6-2-0)- Simsbury is desperately trying to turn their season around but this one will not go down as a quality loss for the Westies. Luckily or not luckily they get Prep followed by Hamden this week to prove their worth.
PAST WEEK: Simsbury L 3-1
8. Glastonbury (7-1-0)- A win today at Bennett could go a long way Glastonbury team whose quality of opponent is what's keeping them at this end of the rankings even with a 7-1 mark.
PAST WEEK: Wethersfield W 6-3, Simsbury W 2-1
9. Xavier (6-4-1)- Decent comeback bid at Hamden. Still one of the state's most competitive teams and should be right in it towards the end.
PAST WEEK: Hamden L 3-2
10. New Canaan (5-3-0)- Beating up some lesser opponents while Darien eeks out some wins against similar opponents is the only reason the Rams are on here instead of them.
PAST WEEK: Norwalk/McMahon W 9-1, Stamford W 8-2
On the Bubble: Guilford (6-1-0), Darien (5-3-0), Cheshire (5-4-0)